The tabloidish headline sums up the verdicts stemming from Monday night’s thrilling 33-30 victory by 3rd-ranked Boise State over No. 10 Virginia Tech, and the national implications after the very first week of the season.
All of which makes the arguments about college football — and the dubious BCS system designed to determine a “national champion” — nearly as much fun as the games:
• The Broncos are no fluke — Dr. Saturday
• Bring on the SEC — Mr. SEC
• From curiosity to contender — Dennis Dodd
• Undefeated Boise or a 1-loss ACC/SEC champ? — Mr. College Football
• The most annoying team in college football — Les Carpenter
• Boise birther conspiracy — EDSBS (tongue-in-cheek alert!)